Tiger Woods announced on his website that he will not be playing in the Arnold Palmer Invitational in 2015.
I spoke to Arnold today and told him that I will not play in his tournament this year. I’m sorry I won’t be in Orlando next week, but I know it will be a really successful event.
I’ve put in a lot of time and work on my game and I’m making strides, but like I’ve said, I won’t return to the PGA TOUR until my game is tournament ready and I can compete at the highest level, Woods said.
Woods had won the tournament eight times.
It really comes as no surprise as he stated last month that he would be taking a break away from the sport.
Hopefully, he will return to play at the Masters. The event will take place April 9-12 in Augusta GA.
Photo by: Scott Miller / Reuters
For up to the minute information be sure to sign up for the email list and follow Down the Line Sports & Entertainment.
Share a Link via twitter
Twitter Follow Regis J. Welch
Twitter Follow Down the Line Sports and Entertainment