The 2014 NFL season is just hours away from returning. People have been waiting and it’s time to give them what they want. In tonight’s game the Seattle Seahawks will host the Green Bay Packers. The Seahawks have a number of questions that need to be answered.
- Will there be a Super Bowl hangover. In the past ten seasons only six champions have gone on to make the postseason the next year. None of those teams went on to repeat.
- Will Marshawn Lynch continue to be Beastmode? In the past three seasons the Seattle tailback has had 901 rushing attempts for over 4,000 yards. He is 28 years and ever so close to being labeled “over the hill”.
- Can the Seahawks win the NFC West? This maybe the best division in all of football. The winner will at least have eleven wins. Will San Fran improve on a dismal preseason? How about the Cardinals. Can they live up to expectations? Will the Rams pick a quarterback with the 1st overall pick in the 2015 draft or stay with Sam Bradford, again?
I hope Green Bay has no expectations coming into this game because they have no chance of winning in Seattle. Expect the 12th man to be louder than ever before. However, if the Packers can steal a win it will be a huge confidence booster!
Other huge storylines around the NFL:
- Who will be the starting quarterback in Cleveland? WHO CARES???
- How will Michael Sam fit in? Sam could not have had a better spot. Although he had a great preseason, he must improve at the defensive end position. Dallas has a JV defense and they are all prone to get injured. Expect to see the first openly gay on the field soon!
- Washington? Robert Grffin has no more excuses. Mike and Kyle Shanahan are both out like the Third wanted. He now has Jay Gruden as a head coach. DeSean Jackson will be a huge addition to an offense that should be electric. Can RG3 stay healthy and play in all 16 games? I highly doubt it!
Enough already! It’s time for the Week 1 picks.
SEATTLE over Green Bay
CHICAGO over Buffalo
PITTTSBURGH over Cleveland
PHILADELPHIA over Jacksonville
New England over MIAMI
ATLANTA over New Orleans
Cincinnati over BALTIMORE
HOUSTON over Washington
KANSAS CITY over Tennessee
Min over ST. Louis
NEW YORK JETS over Oakland
DALLAS over San Francisco
Carolina over TAMPA BAY
DENVER over Indianapolis
DETROIT over New York Giants
ARIZONA over San Diego
Thoughts from around the blogs: